Monday, October 05, 2009

Finally!

I was afraid it wasn't going to happen. But it has. At last.

NESTING!

I've been hit. Despite having a deadline today, I have done NOTHING but draw out floor plans to rearrange all the furniture. This is very bad, work wise. Shunning a deadline is no small matter. But in truth, I'm a bit relieved too. With the loss of some mobility, I'd lost my desire to knit baby clothes, clean the house, re-pot the plants, etc.

But oh no, not anymore. Now I want to rearrange and paint furniture and buy accessories like coat hooks and throw pillows. We bought new couches yesterday. I know. I know. Not exactly a priority when there is so much baby stuff that needs to be bought too. It's my dad's fault. (*grin* hi dad!) Rather than couch hunting for his new house, he wanted to buy ours from us. Which are white. And Daniel hates. And really, it was a good situation. It helped offset the cost of the new ones. We've been looking for weeks (at least it feels like weeks) and found a set that we could both live with. Not either of our ideals, but then our little living room is very very far from ideal. They're being delivered tomorrow (at which time I will use my large pregnant belly to kindly ask the movers to take the loveseat upstairs to the office).

And now I have a whole plan for the living room. Unfortunately, it involves painting some furniture. (Specifically, the red cd binder box on wheels needs become a nice rich grassy green.) I hate that I can't be around the stuff (paint). It will have to wait I guess. *sigh*

And we need more house plants! Big ones! Tall ones! And a couple pots! And a new wall cabinet to display Daniel's sculptures. And coat hooks! And a basket to hang on the wall for hats and scarves and gloves.

LOL! Never mind that our old offices/bedrooms-to-be are still in the early stages of being moved around (a huge, very hard job!) and that the office upstairs is far from finished. Oy! I need an enthusiastic-organization-cleaning-decorating fairy!

And I need to finish my WORK that is due in 2 hours. Ack.

No comments: