Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A DVD just for our little lentil!

I really hate that I can't just drink a glass of milk without it being "snack time". Enough said. I am REALLY looking forward to the GD (gestational diabetes) being over. You wouldn't believe the amounts of carbs that seemingly innocuous things have. Massive suckage.

Worse though, I've learned twice now, is low blood sugar. It's down right scary. It starts with me being exhausted. But I'm eight months pregnant so it's hard to know that it's not normal. Then I wake up really needing to eat. Only I'm too shaky and about to pass out. It's really not good. Thank God Daniel has been home both times it's happened. This time I called the doctor and she's adjusting when I take my medication. Gah! I can't wait til this is over! Did I mention that already?

Looking forward to the shower. I wish we'd been able to plan better and invite our out of state friends and family WAAAAY earlier. But, it just didn't happen. We're going to have a video camera set up in Savannah's room (Aimee's daughter) and have everyone leave messages for our kid to watch when he's older. I'm hoping that everyone who can't make it will record a message (maybe with a digital camera that has video ability) and send it to us so we can add it.
What a great treat for our son!

Oh yeah, I bought the green paint. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ilona,

Sorry to hear about the medical problems. But you guys are totally hardcore in the good way and you'll get through it. And you're gonna be totally awesome parents!!

I'll try to find some sort of recording device to send a message to the lentil. But we don't cotton that technology out here in the boonies. So I'll see what I can do.

For the time being I'll just send positive healing energies like the hippies here do.

Take care!
Amanda