Monday, June 29, 2009

The Basketball, Pregnancy Dreams, and Hand-Me-Down Luv

I am now 19 weeks pregnant. For those not in the know on the weeks-countdown, that's just about 1/2 way through. 40 weeks is the total. No, it doesn't equate exactly to 9 months. One of those little secrets you only learn when you are in The Club. But I'm HUGE! There are women in my prenatal yoga class that are DUE and not as big as this. And the strangest thing is that I've gained a grand total of 4 pounds. 4! I lost 7 in the first trimester. And now I've gained 4. Math = still less than I was before I was preggers. But are you seeing this? I am totally shocked. Shocked. By the time I am 9 months along, you will wonder where the sun is because I will be blocking it out. (If I can make it out the door, that is.)


Actually the second trimester has been lovely. I have good energy. I don't crash when I eat a piece of fruit (that was weird!). And I only have a couple aches and pains. Nothing to write home about.

I did have a very vivid dream last night of giving birth to a girl. That would make two "girl" dreams now. I'm not betting on it though. Our next ultrasound is in one week and providing the chickpea cooperates, we should have the answer to that question. Daniel thinks it will be a boy. I've always imagined I would have boys. Two to be exact. Don't know why. So... we'll see.

Treva, a friend with a 6 month old, Sable, has been dropping off stuff that Sable has grown out of, or that she doesn't use. Of course, if its a boy, 80% of those clothes will be going to someone else. lol. But she did give me this lovely nursing cover so that I don't have to whip my boob out in public (which I'm sure is inevitable, anyway). But I like it a lot so maybe I'll make good use of it and not forget it at home when we are out and about. In the awful case that I do leave home without it, we are resourcefull sorts of people and I'm sure it won't be an issue. And Portland has some of the best laws about public breastfeeding so that's happy.


(Yup, that's me. "Chic Mother". Don't forget it!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all congratulation for you pregnancy! I think you look gorgeus! I was like you at the beginning, but dont worry it's just your baby who is growing fast!Have you thought about names for them yet? (http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search) Good luck with the pregnancy hun Finger and toes crossed for you and your baby! Jo ps. loving your blog

Sue LaMeyer said...

YOu are a beautiful expenctant Mommy!!!