Thursday, December 17, 2009

Settling in to parenthood

These are in reverse chronological order starting around November 22nd to just a few days ago.


Daniel and Luca. Even at 8lbs. Luca is still so so tiny.

One of the deciding factors when we bought our new couches was how well it would work as a photo backdrop for baby. :)

Little froggie.



A friend of my dad's knit these awesome blue socks for Luca. At the time, they are more like leg warmers. Everytime I see this picture of Luca I laugh.


No bigger than a handtowel.


It's been super rainy here - much too soggy and cold to take the baby out for a walk in - so, one day, Daniel put Luca in his new stroller and pushed him all around the house following me where ever I went. Yes, I was chased by a little dinosaur going, "Raaawr!" (Though, I suspect it was Daniel making the sound effects.)


Luca had a professional photo shot at the studio Daniel works at. He was photographed by Daniel's colleague, Saskia. It was super fun and I think they want to shoot him again at 3 months, 6 months and 9 months even though he peed all over the props and us. Three times total. I believe you'll be seeing some of their gorgeous shots soon. Here Daniel is taking a break to feed him.


Finger feeding Luca in the car. We were having to supplement feedings this way for a while, but now he only getting nursed and bottle-fed.


He's starting to stay awake on car rides more often now.

Oh, so full!

Kathrine, one of my colleagues, sent Luca this awesome little sleeping outfit that is WAY too big on him now, but at the rate he's growing, not for long. I love this shot. Makes me think of Whirling Dervishes.


LucaSol. A super hero with his fishy cape and duck feet.


Luca enjoying one of his swings. Okay, it may not look like "enjoying" but he wasn't crying or fussing, so we took that to mean he was enjoying it. Or at least, thinking about enjoying it.



"...And then the monster came around the corner and crept up like this..."


"...where did he go?"

"...and then he jumped out and said, 'RAAAWR!' I nearly peed my pants. Wait... I did pee my pants."

"But my papa was there to take care of me."

"I luvs you, papa!"


We took Luca to breakfast.


One Luca with a side of hashbrowns, please. And some sugar for my coffee. Thanks!


The end of autumn. Luca on his walk to breakfast.


That's all for now. :)

3 comments:

Ursula said...

Wow! Almost two months old and I still have yet to meet him. Not that I have the time, mind you. Maybe after new years we could come over for a visit?

Unknown said...

He is so beautiful, what a wonderful blessing he is!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog you got here. It would be great to read more concerning that theme. Thanks for sharing that data.
Joan Stepsen
Gadget gifts